Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Alannah Lynne Excerpt Tour - Day 2

Welcome Alannah Lynne to Romance Book Craze!





Crossing Lines Blurb

The world’s best-stocked toy drawer can only take a gal so far. Bored with her current assortment of vibrating, plastic pieces, Sam Wallace decides to add a new sex toy to her collection: Kevin Mazze. The sexy Italian is more than happy to help her live out her long-held sexual fantasies, and trusting him with her body is easy. Trusting him with her heart, however, is not… especially when he commits an unforgiveable sin.

Kevin Mazze is one of the good guys. He’s spent his life always doing the right things and making those around him happy. When he meets the woman of his dreams, at the worst possible time, he finds himself making bad choices in the name of good and crossing lines he never thought he would… while praying she never finds out.

Please be advised, “Crossing Lines” contains adult language and adult situations and is not suitable for young readers.


Excerpt Day 2 (Continued from Harlie's Books)

A Miller Lite top peeking out of the ice had her biting her lip, reconsidering. The water would be the smart choice, but if she drank a beer, she’d have another excuse not to drive, at least for a while. Better still, it might give her the courage she needed to make her move.

“Okay, you’ve convinced me,” she said, pointing to the blue and gold cap. “I’ll take the Lite, instead.”

“Man,” Kevin said as he swiped the back of his hand over his brow. “That was a tough sale.” He popped the top loose and handed her the bottle. “I have plenty more in the house, so drink all you like.”

She grinned and washed the ibuprofen down with the beer. “This’ll do me. I’m a cheap drunk on a good day. Combined with the drugs, if I have more than this, Michaela and I will have to crash on your couch.”

He chewed the inside corner of his mouth as his gaze crawled from her legs to her neck. After a quick shake of his head and a long, long pull on his beer, he swung his legs up on his chaise. He stretched one out in front and bent the one closest to her to use as a prop for his forearm.

“I’ve been wondering about something.”

“My amazing athletic ability?”

His grin was quick and fleeting before he sobered and shook his head. “Tell me about your boots.”

What? My boobs?

What the hell was she supposed to say about her boobs?

While she sputtered, looking for an appropriate response, he said, “You’ve obviously had them for a while and didn’t get them strictly for this job.”

Oh my God. She burst into laughter. And here she thought he’d be Mr. Smooth-moves. “That’s the most original, and ludicrous, come-on I’ve ever heard.” She slipped her hands under her larger-than-average boobs and gave the girls a proud little lift. “Nope, I didn’t get them just for this job. I’ve had them since I was about eleven, maybe twelve. I don’t remember exactly how old.”

Kevin’s mouth dropped open and his eyebrows rose in surprised interest as his eyes followed the lift and bounce. When the girls settled back into place, he shifted his gaze to hers with the funniest what-the-fuck expression she’d ever seen. He blinked a few times before his face lit up and he threw his head back, laughter pouring out of him. After several moments of unsuccessfully trying to contain his amusement, he took a few deep breaths and wiped his hand over his eyes.

“I think you misunderstood.”

He took another deep breath, followed by a long draw on his bottle. After a slow exhale, he seemed satisfied he had himself under control, so he tried again.

“Boots. B-O-O-T-S. Tell me about your boots.

Sam froze with her beer lodged against her lips. “My boots?” Her high-pitched squeak echoed around the bottle as flames licked at her neck and spread over her face.

Shit, he hadn’t been coming on to her at all. He was talking about her work boots. It was her gutterbrain that turned an innocent question into sexual play. She squeezed her eyes shut and drained her beer.

“I don’t know what to say about my boots any more than I did my boobs.” She laughed nervously. “Other than to confirm, yes, I’ve had them for a while… although not quite as long as my boobs. And no, I didn’t get them just for this job.”



Crossing Lines Buy Links

·         iTunes: Still waiting for them to link up from Smashwords
·         Smashwords:  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/279133




Book #1 of the Heat Wave Series – Savin’ Me – is still FREE!!

Savin’ Me Links

·         Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/211278



Schedule:

2/22 - Salacious Reads 


A little bit about Alannah:


Alannah believes there’s nothing more magical than finding the other half of your soul, experiencing fiery passion, and knowing you’ve found happily-ever-after.

She loves going to work each day (in sweats and a T-shirt) and writing about hot heroes and feisty heroines who torment each other in the most delicious ways before finding their happy ending.

She lives in the coastal region of North Carolina with her husband, who also happens to be her best friend and biggest fan. They have two sons, a dog, a cat and an outrageous number of ducks and geese that inhabit the pond on their farm. She loves chatting and making new friends, so visit her on the web at www.alannahlynne.com/ or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/authoralannahlynne


25 comments:

  1. Good morning, everyone!!! Leagh, thanks for hosting me for Day 2 of the Crossing Lines Excerpt Tour!!

    I need to run to Greensboro today - hehe... It's actually a 3 hour drive both ways, I'm just trying to make it sound less grueling... But I'll check in from my phone and comment if I can. If not, I'll check in here the second I get back home.

    Enjoy the excerpt and thanks for visiting with me today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always following you!! Love reading the snippets you share even after finishing the book!
    modularmates(at)comcast(dot)net
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa!! Thanks for commenting and for following me!!! {{hugs}}

      Delete
  3. Hilarious excerpt! That will teach Sam to mix drugs and beer ...lol....this definitely sounds like a book I would enjoy reading. Thanks for sharing the excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria - This is a perfect example of my characters giving me great laughs also. I couldn't have planned this if it tried. I laughed every time I went back to edit this scene! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Thank you to Romance Book Craze, Leagh and Alannah. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that excerpt, had me laughing (just like Kevin did)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had me laughing too. Every time I edited it, I laughed. A lot!! :-D Thanks for visiting with me here!!

      Delete
  6. Too funny!! I love the humor ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too! This scene was a total surprise to me when the characters "fed" it to me. And every time I went back to edit, I laughed. I love these two!

      Delete
  7. Sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing and congrats to Alannah on the new release :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a great excerpt. Lol. Congrats on the new release.
    Yes I'm following a long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Thanks for following... I think you've also been tweeting, right?

      Delete
  9. Funny excerpt! You are a new author to me and this book/series sounds great. I am looking forward to checking them out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I'm so sorry I missed these comments earlier!! I'd been checking, but somehow I missed them. Thanks for visiting with me here! If you haven't gotten it yet, grab "Savin' Me" while it's still free (it'll be going back to regular price at the end of the month.

      Delete
  10. Classic! LOL
    ,y email is u2beegees (at) yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sasha - Thanks for commenting and for following along! I'm sorry I didn't see these comments sooner!

      Delete
  11. This is such a great series! I loved reading Savin' Me, Crossing Lines & Last Call. I am so glad that I found this author. I look forward to reading more from this amazing author.
    JessieL62(at)comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessie!! Thank you so much!! Guess what.... you won! :D Since you've already read all of them, we'll have to figure something else out. I'll email you in just a few minutes. Thanks for following along on the tour!!

      Delete
  12. Can't wait to continue reading the story! Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Yadkny!!! Thanks so much for all the tweets and for following along!!

      Delete
  13. I am getting very excited for this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Thanks for following along and for all the tweets!!!

      Delete

Books I've Read and Enjoyed!

Renegade
Nauti Boy
Reno's Chance: A Navy Seals Story
Rescue Me
Honk If You Love Real Men: Four Tales of Erotic Romance
Long Hard Ride
Wild Card
Dangerous Games
Hidden Agendas
Killer Secrets
Maverick
Heat Seeker
Black Jack
Loving Lies
Cowgirl Up and Ride
Tied Up, Tied Down
Rough, Raw, and Ready
Rode Hard, Put Up Wet
Branded as Trouble
All Jacked Up


Leagh's favorite books »
}